Faq Questions

Even though it depends on the institution, most basic requirements will remain as a proof of having successfully completed your secondary education (or about to) and an English proficiency score (most likely the IELTS test). These documents must be presented in English, and you also need for the student visa application. However, if you are an International Baccalaureate, you might have to present your IB Diploma including your English results (HL or SL). The rest of the documentation, for both cases, will mostly depend on the institution and career you are applying to.

If you want to study in Canada, you can attend a University or College. However, you will only be allowed to attend a Designated Learning Institution (or DLI, is a school approved by a provincial or territorial government to host international students). If you have seen an institution that you might want to go and do not know if they are a DLI, click and find out if they are listed.

You should apply to the one that better fits your interests, strengths, and objectives. Postsecondary education in Canada focuses in developing skills for employment, innovation, indigenous education, environmental and climate change. However, colleges usually focuses more in employability and career development skills while the university will focus more in academia, research and analytical skills. ?You can receive a bachelors degree in both institutions regardless, but it usually takes more work for students to be admitted in university than it does to get admitted in college. Universities are also more expensive per year than colleges.

No, the application process is the same for universities and colleges.

Officially, the academic term starts in September of every year. However, application dates may vary from institution to institution, as they have autonomy even though they are government regulated. ?However, most universities and colleges open up availability as soon 1 year in advance and end the admissions somewhere around January. For example, if you want to study in Canada next year, you should try applying as of September of this year but you can still apply until January of next year. ?For colleges, however, there is more flexibility. Usually, availability will be held until 4 or 5 months before September.

Tuition fee varies across provinces and programs, but its average is somewhere around CAD $20,000 - $30,000 per year. Universities will usually be above the CAD$25,000, while the college will usually stay around the CAD$17,000 - $23,000 (although there could be some exceptions).

Yes, you can apply to a school without a study visa because once you are admitted, this will provide a foundation that proofs you are an admitted student in a DLI.

Cant Find your Answer? Contact North Vista